Apologies for mangling my description of the problem. The senders with the hard-coded "Reply-To:" are not the ones complaining that their emails aren't going to the list, it's those who thought they replied to the list who complain that it went as a private message back to the OP.

IMHO, all replies to a discussion list posting should go back to the discussion by default. Any responder is free to change that for a particular reply, but the default should be to maintain the discussion.

If a poster really wants private replies, the author is free to ask for them, and may actually get a few. (Most will still go back to the list because it's sooo much trouble to change the "To:" header.)

These are folks who constantly hijack threads because they always start a new topic by hitting 'Reply' to whatever posting they just received...

-Chip-