On 05/31/2018 09:33 PM, incoming-pythonli...@rjl.com wrote:
I wrote scripts that read the list and generated a rule per network. It can be slow, but has worked reliably for many years. Since it is a mailserver, performance has not been a big issue. I am in the process of designing a replacement. If you enter your list of networks as a separate iptables list, then you only need to call that list when the traffic is on the relevant port(s), so you avoid traversing the list for other services.

*nod*

Thank you for sharing.

I've done something similar with IPSets and recently using routing with reverse path filtering.

I've found all of the above to be quite effective.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die