On 6/25/18 11:39 AM, Richard Johnson wrote:
> I have a mailing list which has 51 members, all friends of mine.  We use it
> to communicate on things related to our history club.  About 1-2 times a
> month, I receive an automated message from AOL's abuse list, saying that
> someone has marked one of the messages as "abuse".  Unfortunately, there's no
> way to track down who this could be, since there are about 5 addresses on the
> list which are AOL addresses.

Sorry about the prior fumbled send :(

In my experience, AOL's redaction is not always complete, particularly
if the message is VERPed, but in any case, beginning with Mailman 2.1.24
we have

>     - There is a new RCPT_BASE64_HEADER_NAME setting.  If this is set to a
>       non-empty string, that string is the name of a header that will be added
>       to personalized and VERPed deliveries with value equal to the base64
>       encoding of the recipient's email address.  This is intended to enable
>       identification of the recipient otherwise redacted from "spam report"
>       feedback loop messages.

E.g., set

RCPT_BASE64_HEADER_NAME = 'X-My-Recip'

in mm_cfg.py and the VERPed or personalized message will have a

is a setting to prevent AOL from knowing what it is and redacting it too.