On 11/14/19 11:31 AM, Zinski, Steve wrote:
We are migrating from sendmail (virtuser) mail routing to LDAP routing. Setting up routing for users is pretty straightforward using the inetLocalMailRecipient class and the mail/mailLocalAddress/mailRoutingAddress attributes. But I was wondering what would be the best (correct) way to represent the mailman alias addresses in LDAP (i.e., list-admin, list-bounces, list-confirm, etc.). Would each get its own entry in LDAP or is there a better way? Any help would be appreciated.

Are your mailing lists mixed in a dedicated (sub)domain name? Or are they mixed in with other non-mailing list addresses?

The former probably doesn't need much other than something akin to a mailertable entry. (Is that also migrating to LDAP?) If it's the former, you're going to need /something/ to cause Sendmail to recognize the mailing list addresses. This probably means that you're going to need LDAP entries.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die