Thanks again, Mark!
My responses below.

> On 1/4/20 5:47 PM, Allan Hansen wrote:
>>
>> a. The server was set up with the wrong domain name (our fault), so I had to
>> add the ‘correct’ one. I had seen the command ‘Add Domain’ in
>> the UI and thought that would do it, but Brian kindly sent me a list of
>> additional instructions, which we then implemented. That made it possible to
>> create a list in the new domain, subscribe people and post messages.
>> However, messages are not archived. What extra step is needed to enable
>> archiving?
>

> What are the setytings in Postorius -> Settings -> Archiving?

Archive policy: Private archives
Archive archivers: hyperkitty, prototype

>> b. When go to the server using the new domain (both before and after logging
>> in), I see not just the lists I created in the new domain, but the lists
>> created in the old domain. These lists of lists are domain specific and
>> should not be listed together. That’s just IMHO, but not serious, as I will
>> soon get rid of anything in the old domain. So feel free to ignore this one
>> if this is intended, which I could see might be the case.
>

> Set
>
> FILTER_VHOST = True
>
> in settings_local.py

Yes, Brian told me to do the same. This is the what I wrote back:

hansen@rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm$ sudo vi settings.py

Edited the setting to:
# Only display mailing-lists from the same virtual host as the webserver
FILTER_VHOST = True

Then Brian told me to restart qcluster:
hansen@rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm$ sudo systemctl restart qcluster

I then logged in, but the same lists are showing. It either takes the system a
long time to reset or it has ignored the
setting.
Just tried it again, and the lists are all showing. Do I need to manually
recompile the file?

>> c. I then moved on to the templates and added a template for the message
>> text to send to new subscribers. That resulted in the following error
>> message when I went in as moderator to approve of a new subscription:
>>
>> Something went wrong
>> Mailman REST API not available. Please start Mailman core.
>

> Postorius is unable to access core's REST API. Is Mailman running?

Well, I was able to post to the lists, so I assume it is. Listing at processes,
I see a bunch of postgres, python3, nginx, django-adminp but
nothing explicitly with a ‘mailman’ string.

> If so, what's in /opt/mailman/mm/var/logs/mailmansuite.log or whatever it's
> called - defined as `filename` in the `file` handler in the LOGGING
> definition in settings(_local).py.

hansen@rccrmail:/opt/mailman/mm/logs$ tail -f mailmansuite.log
    return Site.objects.get_current(request)
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/sites/models.py",
 line 60, in get_current
    return self._get_site_by_request(request)
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/contrib/sites/models.py",
 line 45, in _get_site_by_request
    SITE_CACHE[domain] = self.get(domain__iexact=domain)
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py",
line 82, in manager_method
    return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py",
line 408, in get
    self.model._meta.object_name
django.contrib.sites.models.Site.DoesNotExist: Site matching query does not
exist.

[ABH] At this point I click to accept a subsription request:

ERROR 2020-01-06 07:32:41,439 699 postorius.middleware Mailman REST API not
available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py",
line 672, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked,
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py",
line 421, in _make_request
    six.raise_from(e, None)
  File "<string>", line 3, in raise_from
  File
"/opt/mailman/mm/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py",
line 416, in _make_request
    httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 1321, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 296, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/http/client.py", line 265, in _read_status
    raise RemoteDisconnected("Remote end closed connection without"
http.client.RemoteDisconnected: Remote end closed connection without response

So yes, the REST API is not there. How can I get it going?
Before we added the new domain, I was able to accept subscription requests to
the previous domain’s lists. No more.

Yours,

        Allan