On 17 Feb 2020, at 5:27, Dennis Putnam wrote:

On 2/16/2020 11:45 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Dennis Putnam writes:

Since migrating to mailman 3 on the latest RHEL is going to take some
time, I need an interim solution to DMARC mitigation. I understand
version 2.1.18

Why 2.1.18?  Do you have that already installed?  It's already pretty
old, and many of the fixes still being made are security-related.
It turns out that the only version available for RHEL 7 is 2.1.12.
However, the mailman documentation indicates that also has DMARC
mitigation. Anyway, I am giving it a try. Seems silly that RHEL
repositories are so far behind the curve.

RedHat has a policy of nailing down nominal versions of software with each major RHEL release and then backporting whatever fixes they deem important into their packages over the life of the major release, adding their own subordinate versioning. I know from working on the SpamAssassin security team that RH is particularly attentive to security issues and other major bugfixes.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)