On 5/31/20 4:55 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

> Thanks for this.  Once converted to Mailman3 can I move a list to another
> domain on the same Mailman instance or change the list name?  Ideally I would
> do the switch when moving to Mailman3 but I don't know when the domain
> migration will happen and really want to close off moving these lists.

You can change the list_name and/or mail_host, i.e., the name and/or
domain in the list posting and other addresses, but you can't change the
list_id - see section 4. at <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2919.html>

However, this is currently a low level operation that has to be done via
`mailman shell` or external modification of Mailman's database. See
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/issues/156> and
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/-/issues/428>.

Likewise you can change the name, e.g. l...@example.com, and
display_name, e.g. List, but not the list_id, e.g. list.example.com, in
HyperKitty, but again this is currently a low level operation that has
to be done via `django-admin shell` or external modification of Django's
database.