On 6/1/20 6:11 AM, Jeffrey Westgate wrote:
> I am running v2.1.20, looking to upgrade to 2.1.32 (or 33), but the upgrade
> path seems to me to want the same options used in the previous install.  I
> didn't do the previous install, so the one command I'm looking for is --
>
> the one command that will tell me what options were used in the previous
> install.
>
> is there a command that will return the compile options of the previous
> install?
>
> is there a file that contains (maybe a list of) the compile options of the

As noted in another reply, if you have the config.log from the prior
./configure, it will contain near the beginning the command that was used.

There is a Mailman command, bin/mailman-config that will show you this
info, but this first appeared in 2.1.26 so you don't have it, and you
can't get it after the fact because it relies on being configured by
./configure to get the information.

If you don't have config.log, you can discern various things by
examining the current installation. The most common and important
options to configure are:

--prefix
--with-var-prefix (if different from prefix)
--with-username (usually 'mailman' except Debian/Ubuntu 'list)
--with-groupname (usually 'mailman' except Debian/Ubuntu 'list)
--with-cgi-gid (whatever your web server user is)
--with-mail-gid (depends on the MTA, with Postfix it's the primary
              group of the owner of Mailman's data/aliases.db file)
--with-mailhost (sets DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in Defaults.py)
--with-urlhost (sets DEFAULT_URL_HOST in Defaults.py)

See `./configure --help` for a complete list.