On 6/11/20 12:11, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Mailman 2.1 has options to forward the DSN to the list owners when
> delivery is disabled or when the score is incremented, but these are not
> (yet) implemented in Mailman3.

Ah great! I am in fact still running 2.1. I wasn't able to find that option in
the web frontend but I did find it in the Defaults.py. So let's see if that
does anything.

> What you can do is arrange for the MTA to send copies of any mail to the
> LISTNAME-bounces address to you or store them in a local mailbox.

Yes, of course, this should have occured to me. That's the easiest and cleanest
solution. The shared server I am on is using qmail so I guess all I have to do
is to edit the .qmail-listname-bounces file to story a copy.

> You could also do something similar by patching mailman/runners/lmtp.py
> to send -bounces mail to -owner in addition or instead.
> You could also modify the BounceProcessor.register method in
> mailman/model/bounce.py to save the message somewhere.

I'll leave this open as a last resort in case I cannot convince qmail to do as
I want. Interesting to look into how the BounceProcessor is implemented. I
certainly learned a lot from this.

Thanks again
Florian.