Am 20.06.20 um 19:37 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
> On 6/20/20 5:52 AM, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yesterday, I member tried multiple times to send a to a list, from a
>> roundcube webmailer which is running on the same host as mailman itself.
>> The message is in plain text without any attachments, no HTML either.
>> Yet it was silently discarded by mailman. In /var/log/mailman/vette I
>> find the message
>>
>> Jun 19 21:02:42 2020 (14835) Message discarded, msgid: <************@***>'
>>         list: ******,
>>         handler: SpamDetect
>
> There are 3 reasons why SpamDetect can discard a message.
>
> 1) (not likely) The message contains a header with value matching a
> header/regexp combination in mm_cfg.KNOWN_SPAMMERS which is empty by
> default.
>
> 2) The message is from a sender in a domain publishing a DMARC policy of
> reject or possibly quarantine and the list's Privacy options... ->
> Sender filters -> dmarc_moderation_action is Discard.

Thanks, Marc, a lot for the explanation!!! Very helpful!! Now, for the
messages that got rejected, none of the three reasons apply. However, in
/var/log/mailman/error, I see the message I wrote about " DNSException:
Unable to query DMARC policy for *** (_dmarc.***.org). The DNS operation
timed out." with both the time and sender address matching the rejected
message. So could it be that mailman treats a failed DMARC DNS query as
if the domain in question had set its DMARC policy to "reject" or
"quarantine"?

And in our case, I feel that disabling this kind of checks altogether
would make sense, given that all mail is parsed by rspamd before it is
handed over to mailman. rspamd does an outstanding job, therefore, I
don't think that there is a need for mailman to parse messages for spam.

Cheers,

Johannes