Thanks everyone, looking at our options at the moment

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 7:33 PM Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users <
mailman-users@python.org> wrote:

> to at

> both
> Jim

> https://wiki.list.org/x/17892066>
> > > >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xIcSsoNFp2nHi7r4eQys00s9a0k2sHhu1V5PlantPTs/edit
> would

> Dylan
> >

> > On 7/22/2020 10:57 PM, Daniel Krause via Mailman-Users wrote:
> >  > Thanks Mark
> >

> > As I have written before - When I was a Mailman administrator
> > I was told to install the Debian/Ubuntu package, but that package
> >
> >       o contained undocumented patches
> >
> >       o removed a library that was sometimes needed
> >
> >       o appears to have "fixed" bugs without checking with the
> >         Mailman development team
> >
> > So, I could not trust the Ubuntu package.  I spent a lot of time
> > determining how to create a Debian/Ubuntu package from the source.
> > I think that this was around 2.1.14, but I assume that my instructions
> > would work on on the latest 2.1.x source.  For details, contact me
> > offline.  The procedure is not complicated,
>

> FWIW, to those interested, the procedures (recipes) for auto building
> the Mailman 2.x PPA are locate here:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-administrivia
>
> They contain all the rules/logic/scripts to build the Debian/Ubuntu
> packages that auto-build off of Mark's code bases for mailman2.x,
> mailman-htdig, etc.
>
> -Jim P.

> Searchable Archives:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/
>     https://mail.python.org/archives/list/mailman-users@python.org/

--

*Daniel Krause*
*Head of IT*

*Office: **+27 87 238 4238* <0872384238>
*Mobile : **+971 55 418 4733* <0971554184733>
*Email: **dan...@noldor.co.za* <dan...@noldor.co.za>
*Web: **www.noldor.co.za* <http://www.noldor.co.za/>