On 7/30/20 9:34 AM, Sean McBride wrote:

> So that got me further.  Then I got "We're sorry, we hit a bug!"  The error
> logs showed a permission error.  So I ran `check_perms -f` and it found and
> fixed ~5000 permission errors that somehow existed.
>
> But now I try to create the list again, but it says "Error: List already
> exists".  I fear it's only half-created.  Is the best thing to do now delete
> the list and recreate it?

I suspect the permissions issue may have been in doing the MTA task, so
if you have "MTA = 'Postfix'" in mm_cfg.py, your data/aliases(.db)
didn't get updated. You can run `bin/genaliases` to fix that.

I think the list is OK. You should check that you have the directories
and files

archives/private/LISTNAME/
archives/private/LISTNAME/index.html
archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/

and if archives are public a symlink

archives/public/LISTNAME -> archives/private/LISTNAME

If you have all that, you're list is fine. If not, you can

rm -r lists/LISTNAME

or

bin/rmlist -a LISTNAME

and start over.

> (Congrats on having great docs BTW, they had just about all the info I
> needed!)

Thanks, and thanks for reading them.