On 8/5/20 4:56 PM, Keith Seyffarth wrote:

> I believe the command that needs to be run to correct this is:
>  $prefix/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u list_web_domain
> which I found at
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.27%20Securing%20Mailman%27s%20web%20GUI%20by%20using%20Secure%20HTTP-SSL%20%28HTTPS%29?action=show&redirect=DOC%2F4.27+Securing+Mailman%27s+web+GUI+by+using+Secure+HTTP-SSL

A possibly more relevant FAQ article for this is
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030616>.

> I have been able to figure out what "prefix" is on this server, but what
> is the format for "list_web_domain?" Is is
> http://lists.[clubs'sdomain].tld/ or is is just [club'sdomain].tld - or
> is it something else?

It's just club's domain, but more is required. In order for that to
work, you need to have in Mailman/mm_cfg.py (in the same $prefix directory)

add_virtualhost('club's_web_domain', 'club's_email_domain')

Or perhaps

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'club's_web_domain'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'club's_email_domain'

Without that, fix_url will fix the web page links, but it may break the
list's host_name - the name exposed on the list admin General Options as
"Host name this list prefers for email."

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030592>.

This is important for example if the domains are different such as web
domain is www.club.domain and the email domain is club.domain. If both
web URL and email domains are the same, it doesn't matter and you can
just run fix_url as above.

Possibly, part of the underlying issue is changes being made in
Mailman/Defaults.py rather than Mailman/mm_cfg.py. Defaults.py gets
overwritten in an upgrade which is why changes should always be made as
redefinitions in mm_cfg.py.