On 9/17/2020 8:15 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 9/17/20 4:49 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>>
>> I'll give that a try tomorrow. In the meantime I discovered something
>> that may or may not be relevant. Apparently the last saved archive was
>> in Feb 2020. That was when I did a 'yum update' to version 2.1.15 to
>> resolve the DMARC problem. I am betting that the RHEL version did
>> something to cause this problem. It is too much of a coincidence to
>> think otherwise.
>
> I really doubt that. Is my conjecture correct that you are working on a
> test system copied from a production system? If so, is the contents of
> /var/lib/mailman/archives/public on the production system symlinks or
> entire file hierarchies. I suspect the former and that the full file
> hierarchies in /var/lib/mailman/archives/public only exist in the backups.

Hi Mark,

You are correct. However, the test system was cloned with just a
hostname change. The original production system, from which the test
system was cloned, has the same problem.

I followed your instructions and it worked on the test system. What is
really odd, to me, is that now the archives after Feb 2020 are showing
up. Anyway, it looks like we are good to go. Thanks yet again.