> On 09/20/2020 8:35 PM Steven Jones <steven.jo...@vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> I cant find anything on extracting a list's settings, owners etc and then
> using those to create a new list on a new domain.
>
> Is there a simple operational command to extract and inject?

If you have privileged access you can run the following commands on your server
to retrieve everything. Your file paths might be different so you'll need to
adjust accordingly.

***
$ cd ~/
$ sudo -s
$ mkdir LISTNAME-files
$ cd LISTNAME-files
$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members -f  -r LISTNAME > LISTNAME.regular
$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members -f  -d LISTNAME > LISTNAME.digest
$ cp /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox
./LISTNAME.mbox
$ tar -czvf LISTNAME.attachments.tgz
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/LISTNAME/attachment
$ cp /var/lib/mailman/lists/LISTNAME/config.pck ./LISTNAME.pck
$ cd ../
$ tar -czvf LISTNAME-files.tgz LISTNAME-files
***
Copy LISTNAME-files.tgz to anywhere on the new server and unpack.
Create the new list.
***
Then for the new list, copy the config.pck into place, and also the ".mbox" and
archive attachments.
***
Fix the URLs with: bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTAME -u DOMAINNAME
****
The lists settings and subscribers are in the config.pck so you shouldn't need
to do any more.

/Mark