On 9/23/20 8:11 AM, Thomas Gramstad wrote:
> A subscriber to a list I have with a public archive, has NOMAIL set and
> only reads and responds via the archive. But even though the list is set
> up with Reply-To: Sender as default, this subscriber, even when he is
> logged in, gets Reply-To list instead of Reply-To to poster when he
> replies via the archive. Is there a way to reply to poster when reading
> and replying via the official list archive?

If you are asking about replying from HyperKitty (Mailman 3), this is
the wrong list. Use mailmnan us...@mailman3.org
<https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/>.

If this is about Mailman 2.1, and the user is replying from the
pipermail archive by clicking the poster's email address, that is a
mailto: link that goes to the list with appropriate Subject= and
In-Reply-To= fragments. It always goes to the list regardless of the
list's reply_goes_to_list setting.

Even if it were changed to make it honor that setting, it would only
reflect the setting at the time the message was archived and it wouldn't
change if the setting was changed because this is static HTML.

If the user wants to reply to the poster in this way, she needs to edit
the recipients when composing the mail. I recognize this is
inconvenient, but no changes are contemplated.