On 3/5/21 7:46 AM, Markus Grunwald via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set up an announcement mailing list for my men's choir. It went quite
> smoothly and seems to work fine.
>
> The server the-grue.de runs a multi domain postfix setup. The main
> domain is the-grue.de, my private domain. I host mails for
> maennerchor-kirchseeon.de, too and that's the domain that mailman should
> use.
>

> Now I wanted to check if there are any problems regarding spam with
> mx-tools, so I added p...@tools.mxtoolbox.com to the list and sent a
> mail to it using the same E-Mail address that I'm using in this mail.
> You can see the result here:
>
> https://mxtoolbox.com/deliverability/5215ac61-ae11-46b6-90bf-14d71be76ef5
>
> Email Deliverability:
> Testing 'the-grue.de' against '95.129.55.232'
>
> So the domain of my e-mail adress is checked against the ip of the
> mailing list server which fails, of course.

And what it's is testing is not only if SPF passes (which it does), but
also if the domain of the sending server `aligns` with the domain of the
From: address. This is a DMARC check and will fail in this case.

> I have the test mail attached to this mail. There's something else strange:

> Where does the "@the-grue.de" come from?

Postfix delivery.

> This is the generated file /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
> # STANZA START: ankuendigungen
> # CREATED: Thu Feb 18 14:28:43 2021
> ankuendigun...@maennerchor-kirchseeon.de ankuendigungen

The above virtual mapping says deliver mail to
ankuendigun...@maennerchor-kirchseeon.de to the local address
ankuendigungen and postfix appends the local domain.