On 3/11/21 3:46 PM, Vako Nicolian wrote:
> I already did the above, however my intention was that if anyone
> continued to send email after the announcement, they should get an
> auto-reply saying that "Due to emergency maintenance, your email will
> not reach the group"
> I guess that's not an option, but hopefully will be implemented in
> version 3

The lack of held message notices to the poster and the list admins when
emergency is in effect is intentional in MM 2.1 The docstring for the
handler says
```
"""Put an emergency hold on all messages otherwise approved.

No notices are sent to either the sender or the list owner for emergency
holds.  I think they'd be too obnoxious.
"""
```

However, Mailman 3 does notify the poster of an emergency hold.