On 3/31/2021 10:22 AM, Jayson Smith wrote:
On another note, I use MXToolbox to monitor my IP's RBL status, so I knew Linode was on Ucepretect level 3. I'm sorry to know Digital Ocean is also on that list. It just means I can't in good faith tell someone I'm not on any RBL's because they can do a quick check and find out I am, in fact, on one. To a poorly programmed automation or an ignorant human, an RBL no one pays attention to is still an RBL.

Yes, I'm a Linode customer. When I was most recently blocked by AT&T, I brought that up with Linode support. They gave me a fairly informative response:

We understand and share your concern regarding the recent listing of our ASN
with UCEPROTECT's Level 3 service. After researching the details of the
listing, we have determined that the Level 3 service offered by UCEPROTECT is
not reputable, and we will not be paying for delisting from their service.

So their research must have concluded that they're holding the ISP hostage for a payment. They added:

We have found that customers reaching out regarding this listing are really
being rejected by internal RBLs of mail providers, but are reaching out because
the UCEPROTECT listing is the only public service where they were able to find
their IP address listed.

... which described my request exactly.  :(

Best regards,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones, Monrovia, CA