So looking to migrate to mailman3 from  mailman2, so for archives I see the
notes below stated on the website. So just making sure I understand correctly.

Private and Public archives will migrate over, however links to the messages
will change.
If they are public archives you can make them available read only so your links
work.
If they are Private archives, basically your links to archived messages will no
longer work.

Do I understand that correctly?

I have a user that has multiple lists with private archives, and has links to
messages on his website for his users…..  So basically his weblinks will no
longer work, and nothing can really be done about it are is there a solution?

**************** Archives info on mailman upgrade info from 2 to 3 from the
website

·         URLs to archived messages will break, unless you take extra steps to
keep them around. Upgrade mechanism makes sure to import all your archived
messages in the new system, but, all the URLs to the new messages are going to
be different.

If you need your URLs for Mailman 2 archives to work, you can keep the HTML
files generated for the archives around and your web server configuration for
the archives intact (possibly with a notice to viewers that it is now a
read-only archive, see this
list<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/security-sig/> for example).

·         The above mechanism won’t work for private archives since the
archives are gated with password and without a Mailman 2 list, there is no
password. You can however import them to Mailman 3.