On 5/18/21 4:14 PM, McGuire, Tommy M. (MSFC-IS90)[EAST2] via
Mailman-Users wrote:
> We recently installed Mailman 3 to replace an existing Mailman 2 installation
> with a large number of lists and users.  I'm now seeing a number of users on
> specific lists whose posts result in:
>
> May 18 14:25:41 2021 (112570) DISCARD:
> <by5pr09mb52987327de1aa2c199dc4dc1d4...@by5pr09mb5298.example.org>; ['The
> message has no valid senders']
>
> The post have sender addresses, which are members or owners of the lists, and
> as far as I can tell, the users are valid. Can anyone shed any light on why a
> post wouldn't have a valid sender?

This discard is saying that there was no syntactically valid email
address found in any of the places it looks. These are defined by the
mailman setting `sender_headers`, the default for which is `from from_
reply-to sender` which means
- the From: header
- the unix from or envelope sender
- the Reply-To: header