Bill Healy wrote:
> The @XXXX used to automatically redirect to @YYYY but this is stopping soon.
>
> Is there a way I can globally change the 2000 email addresses from @XXXX
> to @YYYY?

Depends. If you have no digest members, full names, subscribers who get
no mail (check by comparing list_members -r, list_members -f,
list_members -n) or can you ignore that stuff and do not care about
preserving passwords etc then I would try something like this:

#make a backup first
list_members listname | grep @XXXX > /tmp/adresses
remove_members -N -f /tmp/adresses
# edit /tmp/adresses and replace @XXXX by @YYYY
add_members -r /tmp/adresses

If this is not what you need then clone_member is probably the tool you
need. But I never tried this myself. Start again with

#make a backup first
list_members listname | grep @XXXX > /tmp/adresses
# edit /tmp/adresses  so that every line of the form
# name@XXXX
# is changed to
# clone_member -r name@XXXX name@YYYY
# in vim I would try something like :%s/\(.*\)@XXXX/clone_member -r \1@XXXX
\1@YYYY/
sh /tmp/adresses

If all else fails, tell the teacher that its a good exercise
in computer science for the pupils if they change their address
themselves (Probably switch on monthly reminders). :-)

--
\ J. Dollinger FAW/n Ulm |zeitnot@irc| http://www.home.pages.de/~zeitnot/
 \    "What're quantum mechanics?"   --   "I don't know. People who    /