On 11/16/21 5:04 AM, Christian Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:

One attachment to the notification is a message (message #3) with the
subject
"confirm d1c110e1babc8c9b34cd40a17c0ab8e0770e8617"
which tells me:

Mailman will discard the held message.  Do this if the message is
spam.  If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header
to the list.  The Approved: header can also appear in the first line
of the body of the reply.

Okay, I reply to the message. In earlier times, I got a response that
the message was sent into the Nirvana - or that the user had deleted it
himself using the link he received in message #1

However something seems to be broken now.

- The held message is no longer deleted when I reply to the "confirmation".
- I no longer receive a notification that the message was no longer on hold.
- The message remains in hold, even after the "confirmation" was replied to.

It appears that you are doing the correct thing, i.e. replying to the attached message with reply addressed to the listname-request address and Subject: confirm d1c110e1babc8c9b34cd40a17c0ab8e0770e8617 (with the possible addition of an Re:, Aw:, etc prefix). If you are doing that and it doesn't work, I don't know why.

See https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel