Hello friends. We are using Mailman through Dreamhost, which doesn't allow us
to change server-based list configurations, we only have access to the Admin's
normal Options pages.

After years of working fine, we'd recently been having bouncing problems
specifically with gmail addresses.

Thinking this was Dreamhost's problem, and not mine, I queried Dreamhost
support, and they looked over a bounced message. Their suggestions are pasted
below. I changed from_is_list to Munge From but now the reply to headers have
both the list address and the original sender's address. So I assume the
original sender gets sent two copies of responses, one from the list and the
other directly to them.

I've spent some time over the years trying to train them to not use Reply to
All to avoid that double message situation, and now it's happening even with
just a regular Reply.

I'm hoping I can fix this easily. I know a little about this stuff, but I'm
basically just a list manager, not a full-on sysop, so please be gentle in your
terminology and instruction.

 From Dreamhost support: