On 29.07.22 06:04, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
  > How can I at least stop the bots from repeated signups with the
  > same email?

This is the Internet; you can't stop them.  The best Mailman can do
for you is put the address on the ban list.

I would have expected that Mailman shows the user/bot a message saying: Hey simon1...@gmail.com, you already have a pending signup request, please be patient while the moderators are reviewing your request.

Instead all moderators get the same signup request email from the same email address every minute for hours.

:o