I'm new to Mailman and looking for how it treats address headers.  Mailman CC'd
a sender's subscribed address and I want to know if publishing this address is
the intended behaviour, rather than BCC.

My problem is with the docs at wiki.list.org/DOC/Home.  I haven't found a
description of what a list manager does in terms of what behaviour to expect in
use, rather than during configuration by users, manager or site admin.

The concept of a list manager is explained at www.list.org/mailman-member.txt,
but not the basic operation.  Page 'Introduction - What is GNU Mailman?' belies
its heading and is focussed on 'How do I...' (e.g. 'How do I spell Mailman?').
I found only Reply-to headers mentioned in the List Administration Manual.

There's a lot to search and I don't know my way around as a developer.  Where
should I be looking?