I have a list that won't send out mail. I believe that all the settings are correct, but I could have missed something.

I am running Mailman 2.1.39 cPanel, and I have access to the command line.

I have a list that I needed to modify settings. It was established by a prior administrator, to whom I have no contact.

I can access admin UI, and modified everything. However, at the bottom of the Administrative page, where it says "list run by" the domain it shows is incorrect. It is a domain used for mail only on my installation.

The list comes up on my list of lists pages, but when I mail to it, it get permanent error list not found.

I hope this makes sense!

Dave

p.s. I don't know why or how, but I think the list isn't completely registered with the system. Also, I was able to establish a similar list, with different capitalization of name, the both show up on admin page, but not sure how to get rid of the bad one because it doesn't show up in the cPanel UI.

Dave

Dave, start with the DNS: Where do / does the DNS record(s) point?

There could be some issue with that.

If it HAD worked the obvious question is: "What changed?"