Thank you very much for your help, Steve.

On 11/9/23 14:10, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
You're missing the bin directory and Python's files.  Are they
correctly specified in the chroot?
The binaries are not mounted into chroot environment. Only selected commands shall be available in jail. There's an update script, that has a list of binaries to provide and it checks for all dependencies of those binaries.

You were absolutely right! I've been careless, never doubting that the python binaries were in that list when they were in fact missing.

That solved the issue!
They should be in the chroot's /home/www/var/log hierarchy (except
maybe syslog if that's being logged to a pipe or socket).  Is that
where you're looking?
I've checked in both locations. I even created a writeable syslog file in chroot to be sure. Neither had any information.