I've had occasional recurrences of a very strange UI glitch with MailMate recently. The behavior is that, the moment I actually activate MailMate's window and click on a message, suddenly a ton of messages appear, all new and unread. No mail appears to be duplicated or lost here, it's just that Mailmate's not showing an icon badge, or any new messages, and then when I click on a thing, suddenly it's showing a bunch of messages (87, this time) with timestamps running back a day or so, all brand new.

The change is fast enough that I don't think it's just suddenly synchronizing with the upstream account, I think it's had these messages for quite some time, but for some reason the UI hadn't chosen to update.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what's happening may be that if I do a search, and leave the search up, the app doesn't do any UI updates that don't affect that search, which results in the new messages not being visible.

I think the dock icon and such should still get updated even when searching, if that is indeed what's happening.

-s