On 19 Mar 2014, at 0:21, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Billy Youdelman <bi...@mix.com> wrote:
Greetings -

I'm curious if anyone besides me would be interested in a MailMate option to use an external text editor for composing messages? After about 40 years of using DEC's keypad controlled text editor, and having recently taken the VMS cluster down, this is something I now really wish I still had available. I do have a very decent emulation of it (jed) running on OS X, and it's easy to call, at least from non-GUI programs. But, MailMate is far superior to mutt, et al., so I thought I'd see if there's enough demand to make it worth implementing. As well, Text Wrangler/BB Edit are wonderful editors for those who prefer GUI tools, and there is no shortage of other good character
cell and GUI text editors.

These are already available. If I'm not mistaken, there are bundles
that allow you to edit/compose a message in Aquamacs, TextMate and
SublimeText and you can take these as inspiration for creating a
bundle for the editor of your choice.

The mailing list has more info about these. The most recent thread
about this topic starts here:
http://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2014-March/002186.html

If you search the list, you should find some more.

I actually wanted to try use these but haven't figure out how ;/

Anyone got a quick info on when to actually run the command ?

I know i can do it *on* the actual already open mail message but that leaves me with a 'dead' window ;/

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen