On 24 Mar 2014, at 21:07, m...@assai.com.au wrote:

The 564 was copy-pasted, not typed. If you google:

"We were unable to deliver your message. Please try resending your message by adding some text"

Yes, I found that too just a few minutes ago (thought it might be you asking the question).

you'll see some other people have received the same response, with the same error code. But seems very rare.

There was no (useful) answer on the page I found.

The SMTP server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo's IMAP implementation is not impressive and I wouldn't be surprised if their SMTP server is buggy too. I do have a Yahoo test account and I could try to find out exactly what makes the server return this error (using telnet/openssl), but I'm not really interested in doing so when I don't think it's a MailMate bug. I probably wouldn't even be able to create a workaround (without adding random text to short messages which would be really weird).

Perhaps someone else has a special interest in SMTP servers :-) If it turns out to be a MailMate bug then I'll naturally fix it.