Hi,

I've heard of Sieve, but although I've been managing Internet mail systems since the very early 90s, I have yet to actually encounter a site that actually uses it. At least, so far as I know -- maybe they use it and I don't know about it.

It's actually been included with OS X for several "Server" versions - with access being provided by RoundCube, which supports it natively. A number of ISPs that run their own webmail platform use RoundCube and Sieve. Personally, I moved over to Sieve from procmail a few years ago. Not quite as powerful as procmail, but most of what I needed to do was move mail into folders, rather than use formail or other hooks to get overly creative.

FastMail (www.fastmail.fm) uses Sieve for all of their message filtering as well - indeed, they provide a simple GUI for doing it, OR, you can simply write Sieve scripts yourself (which is what I do).

As for MailMate, is it possible somewhere to see the rules created as text that can be edited directly? New to this mailing list, so, this may be well known -- sometimes the GUI is very slow to navigate when trying to build rules and if the underlying language is Sieve-like, it would be great to just tweak it by hand.

Thanks,

Scott