I never noticed that Conversation and Thread buttons looked at more than the current folder. I'm very happy with this.

Ralph

On 6 Aug 2014, at 6:24, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 4 Aug 2014, at 6:58, Ralph Alvy wrote:

I guess it would need to also match the Subject for all messages, the way it does when you double click on the Subject field in a message.

So, essentially you want to search for thread of the currently selected message? This is what the “Thread” button in the toolbar does. (I'm not saying it couldn't work differently. I just need to understand what you are requesting.)