On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:15, Sebastian Poll wrote:

Thanks, didn't see that. I tried but failed as I seem to be not able to get the right syntax. Maybe it's because my user account (google apps for work) has an "@" in it? I tried "defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultAccount -string 'imap://usern...@imap.example.com'" with the mailadress itself or even the serverURL from the Identities.plist using "@" or "%40" (which seemed to have the right syntax. But I always end up with a error message that the default from address is unknown.)

I assume you did restart MailMate. The other potential explanation is something I realized recently. If you ever changed the IMAP settings of this account then it's actually not the `serverURL` you need, but something named `shadowServerURL`:

grep shadowServerURL ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/Sources.plist |
cut -d\" -f2

Another way to see it is that it should match whatever the folder name is here:

        ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/

The `shadowServerURL` is an implementation detail needed to be able to allow IMAP account changes to take effect quickly (without a lot of database index changes). It wouldn't be a problem if I provided a GUI for setting the default account :-)

If this doesn't help then I'll need more details. You can send me a screenshot of the error and this file (off list):

        ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist