On 18 Feb 2015, at 1:20, Allie Martin wrote:

If an source comes up with mailboxes as 'unavailable', what does this mean?

That something went wrong with the connection and MailMate is going to try again later. “Later” is a very short time at first, but it increases if it continues to fail. This handles all kinds of server and network issues.

One of my accounts has all the mailboxes as 'unavailable'. I connect to the account using my iPhone just fine.

There is a known issue with Gmail for some users on some networks. I still haven't resolved that.

The activity viewer isn't at all 'verbose' on the matter so I have no idea what's happening. Any logs that I can check?

Logs can be found in the “Activity Viewer” (⌥⌘0). If you open that window and relaunch MailMate to make sure connecting to the account is retried then you can use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs” to let me review the problem. (Note that logging is only enabled when the activity window is open.)