On 28 Feb 2015, at 10:40, Bart Lipman wrote:

This is a bit of a tangent but somewhat related. Is there any way to set up a rule that compares the current date to the name of an IMAP folder?  The idea: Periodically, I have a slew of emails that I'll need to deal with at some specific future date. So I set up several different IMAP folders, one for each such date, and name them by the date in question. If I could create a smart folder that recognizes that today's date matches the name of the folder and brings those emails in, that would be very useful.

I think you could achieve this using the Conditions tab in the Smart Mailbox settings.

The main condition would be:

        Date  *is exactly*  <folder date>

—
Curtis acm