On 23 Mar 2015, at 7:02, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

Hey,

I've over the years complained about tons of email clients and with mailmate I think I've found my..well, mailmate ;)

I'm planning on writing up a blog about the wonders of mailmate but I'm afraid to miss some awesome little thing that could make people understand the great things about mailmate (Btw. if you have some bad things/workarounds that are needed i'm into
hearing about those too to make it balanced).

My current short-list to cover is:
* the flexible smart folders
* yes - its not as pretty as others, but is so much more functional
* the new search bar - short form syntax for quick searching.
* the submailboxes features - incl. customization to group as you see fit.
* stats view - to figure out where all your time is spent ;)
* distortion mode - to share info without revealing your secrets
* conversation layout (mainly to work around mailmates "weak" threading/conversation support)
* customizable 4 counters
* custom shortcuts for (almost) everything
* Bjarnes great feedback/fixes

Did I forget something ?

This might take me several attempts to get everything in! Some of the items you mentioned were more transformative than I would have guessed, such as the new search bar, and it was in within a day or two of being mentioned in this list.

The bundles, and the relative ease with which new ones can be written. The OmniFocus bundle was a *big* addition for me. "Send Later" might be a pretty common feature, but it is one which I have found very useful. I echo *Markdown*, and mention that it is handy to have the simultaneous preview of how it will look to someone else. One can search for *any factor*, including what the writer of the email was wearing when they sent it....(perhaps exaggerating). This very mailing list itself, has given me extensibility ideas which I would not have thought of myself.

Thanks,
Ed