I used the following AppleScript (triggered by TextExpander) to quickly insert a message:// URL for the currently selected message in Mail.app.

                tell application "Mail"
                        set selectedMessages to selection
                        set theMessage to item 1 of selectedMessages
                        set messageid to message id of theMessage
                        -- Make URL (must use URL-encoded values for "<" and
">")
                        set urlText to "message://" & "%3c" & messageid & "%3e"
                        return urlText
                end tell

I’d like to do the same thing thing in MailMate. This is super convenient when I want to refer to the message I have selected in a different application.

Does anyone know how to write an AppleScript to do this with MailMate?

Thanks,
Max