On 15 Oct 2015, at 12:17, Ale Muñoz wrote:

Yesterday, I opened Gmail's web interface while MailMate was running. I clicked a few email threads, and a few seconds (minutes?) later I realised that all of my emails had been marked as read (maybe not all of them, mind you, there were some random messages that were left unread)

Just to make sure: If they were marked as read in the webmail interface then that change would synchronize to MailMate. That is expected behavior.

I'll assume that is not what you meant. All I can say is that I don't have any similar reports. If it's reproducible (or happens “regularly”) then we can debug to make sure MailMate is not involved, but otherwise there is not much I can do.