On 17 Oct 2015, at 15:44, David Verch wrote:

I apologize for not being as much a power user as others. In apple mail you could determine which size to make picture attachments to keep the email size under 10 Mb which I have found is the average message size limit for many people.

This is related to the answer I just gave for a different question. MailMate needs to provide some kind of hook when pasting/dragging attachments. This would allow a script which could offer to resize images. But such a hook does not exist yet.

What would the best way to not send 8 Mb images. Can you use something like BBCodes and Flickr so that the pictures get embedded and viewed when the recipient opens them.

This is another item on the todo. Making it easy to use any kind of web storage service to allow the insertion of a link to an uploaded copy instead of including the actual attachment. This could/should depend on the file size such that small attachments are not uploaded.

I'm sorry I don't currently have better answers for you.