> On Apr 3, 2016, at 5:31 AM, Paul Sture <mai...@techchat.ch> wrote:
>
> FWIW I've been experimenting with archiving newsgroup posts (as .eml files)
> in EagleFiler and on this Mac mini things started getting slow and
> beachballing at something like 100,000 posts.  One simple answer there is to
> split them into separate EagleFiler libraries, e.g. work related groups /
> general interest groups.  Alternatively splitting it into folders by year
> might help at the OS X file system level.

In EagleFiler it's best to merge the .eml files into mailbox files so that you
have one file per group/folder rather than one per post:

http://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/merge-mailboxes-message

Aside from helping with the filesystem issue, this also lets EagleFiler apply
various RAM and index optimizations.

--Michael