On 28 Jun 2016, at 7:00, Howard Wettstein wrote:

I get lots of it and often a quick look is all that it takes to see it’s all junk. Is there a command to delete and mark as read in one shot? Is there a permanently delete command?

I have several e-mail addresses, and most junk comes to addresses that are not my two main addresses, and the odds of an important false positive there is low, so I made a Smart Mailbox that only shows junk from the two main addresses from the past week. This is very easy to check: there are only a few e-mails in there on any given day.

I don't delete the e-mail in my spam folder, at least not that often, because I'm not sure that it wouldn't screw up SpamSieve. But if an account is mostly spam and few false positives, you can make a rule to automatically move it to the trash folder.

In the grand scheme of things I feel that if a non-spam e-mail goes to spam and I don't see it, the world will go on turning. But then I'm the kind who can let a phone ring off without answering it if I'm busy.