On 21 Sep 2016, at 11:05, Mark Wadham wrote:

1) How can I get the old functionality back where I can easily view the headers (from/to) for a message using the little arrow to expand them? It seems completely gone. Weirdly messages in my junk folder show this information all the time but again there's no way to conceal it.

Sorry, I re-implemented the headers view and the triangle has not returned (yet). The functionality is still available via “View ▸ Headers ▸ ...”.

2) How can I disable the new inline html preview page when replying to html messages? It seems to make the reply button take several seconds to bring up the editing dialog and I really don't care about sending HTML anyway.

For some users, the inlining CSS in HTML functionality used when embedding HTML or styling outgoing messages is very slow. I'm still looking into how to get around this problem.

You already found part of the answer yourself. You might also want to disable Markdown in the Composer preferences pane if you never use this.