On 15 Dec 2016, at 7:25, Verdon Vaillancourt wrote:

… my email auto-formats the closing line as something big and bold, and I now have a formatted email instead of a simple plain text, which is completely unnecessary in most cases.

Is there some preference I am missing that will stop that behaviour?

It’s the Markdown header formatting. Put a blank line between the dashes and the signature content.

Feature request: Give special treatment to the signature marker so it’s not interpreted as Markdown formatting.

Charlie

PS. Note the blank line in my sig; the markdown formatting breaks without that blank line.

--

    Charlie Garrison                   <char...@garrison.com.au>
    Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>

[Conundrum](http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt)