On 6 Jan 2017, at 14:21, Anders Thoresson wrote:

I’m setting up a new MacBook Air for my family. I’ve installed MailMate in the shared application folder and set it up for the first family member.

But when I try to do it for the second person, logging into her account, MacOS’ Finder claims that MailMate is damaged and needs to be downloaded once again. If I switch back to the account where I first set up MailMate, it still works.

Two questions, obviously:

- What’s going on?

MailMate has an (old) issue where the Software Update mechanism doesn't work well with multiple accounts. I'm guessing this is what happened here.

- How do I solve the problem?

I believe this can do it (until you update again):

        chmod -R go+rX /Applications/MailMate.app