On 9 Jun 2017, at 16:22, David Vereschagin wrote:

On 9 Jun 2017, at 8:52, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

as far as I know then iCloud accounts are still going to require application specific passwords starting June 15th.

Although I've been reading about this, I haven't done anything because I have yet to receive any communication from Apple about it. Is it rolling out only to US iCloud accounts? I'm in Canada.

I don't think it's limited to US accounts. I received this on May 16th:

Beginning on 15 June, app-specific passwords will be required to access your iCloud data using third-party apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other mail, contacts and calendar services not provided by Apple.

If you are already signed in to a third-party app using your primary Apple ID password, you will be signed out automatically when this change takes effect. You will need to generate an app-specific password and sign in again.

To generate an app-specific password, [turn on two-factor authentication](https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204915) for your Apple ID and then follow the instructions below:

* Sign in to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com)
*       Go to App-Specific Passwords under Security
*       Click Generate Password

For more information, read [Using App-Specific Passwords](https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204397). If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.