On 3 Nov 2017, at 12:38, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 3 Nov 2017, at 14:31, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

I copied a MailMate message to a folder. When I opened finder, the message showed as a .eml file; when I double-clicked on it, it opened Mail.app, which is not what I wanted. Will MailMate do the right thing if I change the default app for .eml files to point to MailMate?

Yes.

Thanks.

If so, could/should that be made the default when MailMate is installed?

This is controlled by the system and not by MailMate. All MailMate can do is to tell the system that it can handle `.eml` files.

Hmm -- are browsers special? Firefox knows when it isn't the default browser.

Regardless, I'll change my default; thanks!