On 16 Jan 2018, at 18:00 (-0500), Tracy Valleau wrote:

Hello
Do I take it that forwarding HTML emails can still only be done via attachment?

Not if you're using the 2.0BETA series, which has a plethora of controls for perpetuating a bad idea in the Composer panel of the Preferences...

If so, I'm curious as to why, technically. Since MM can show HTML emails now,

When couldn't it? I adopted MM circa v1.5 and my first pestering of Benny was to work out how to make it easier to config MM to only render HTML when absolutely needed.

why can't it (just)  forward them?

This is fundamentally problematic because "just forward them" does not have a well-defined technical meaning other than embedding the full original message as an attachment. If you want something else, I *THINK* the MM options for tweaking HTML forwarding should give you something you can live with.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole