On 6 Feb 2018, at 14:19, Randall Gellens wrote:

When composing a new message, MailMate shows each recipient as an entity. Is it possible to edit a recipient?

Double-click or hit space when it's selected brings you into edit mode.

For example, if there is a typo in one? Similarly, what is the best way of selecting a recipient to delete or move to another field?

Use the keyboard or the mouse to select 1 or more recipients and then use copy/paste or drag'n'drop.

On a more esoteric note, it would be nice if MM could normalize recipients names that are in annoying Outlook format, e.g., change
        “Bozo, Fred” <fred.b...@example.com>
        Fred Bozo <fred.b...@example.com>

MailMate cannot do this automatically. It's extremely hard (impossible?) to correctly identify the various parts of a “name”. Also, you have to assume that if your correspondent uses this format then it's probably what they prefer to see when they get a reply.

MailMate could display the names differently (without altering them when replying/forwarding), but I really mean it when I write that it's extremely hard to do this reliably :) As as simple example, someone might use this: "PhD Nielsen, Benny" and it would become "Benny PhD Nielsen".