On 22 Feb 2018, at 8:23, Angelo Machils wrote:

[setting in webmail to avoid saving sent messages sent via SMTP]

I can’t seem to find such an option in Office365/Outlook (web) anywhere. I have also a business account on Office365 through my work, and strangely enough, there this doesn’t happen?!

That also shows why I'm hesitant about making a simple “never save sent messages” feature. I would prefer a feature which behaves as expected even if the server changes behavior (or if the server behaves different from what the user expects). That's why I like the idea of detecting duplicates instead.